Third

Still no buyers. Oh, well.

Church was fun today. I could not have looked more like a geek with my tin torch in tow. Everyone thought it was either great or hilarious (or both). The geeky people loved it. The cool people pretended it was a great joke, and secretly thought it was pretty cool. Some of the "Golden Pillars" gave me a look that said "Why in God's name would you make a flashlight out of an Altoids tin?", but were too polite to say it. They just smiled and nodded. Strangely, I understood it today. I've actually found myself smiling and nodding at some of the things that younger folks have talked to me about, while thinking "Why in God's name would you want to do that?" Ah, the circle of closing-the-door-on-experience continues...

School starts tomorrow, and I am fairly excited. Two weeks of break is excellent, but I'm looking forward to seeing my students. A couple of them caught up to me on Facebook over the break, and I was able to keep in some sort of contact. They are going to get a huge kick out of the flashlights. We finished an electricity and magnetism unit before the break, and I promised that when I figured it out we'd make our own. There are a couple of cool, simple ways to make the lights without having to solder or anything potentially dangerous at Instructables.com. We'll see what they think. Some want to make a survival kit out of the tin. Maybe we'll do both.

I will miss the girls, though. It has been nice to have some time together. They are a fun lot to get into trouble with. And they're cute. And they smell nice. At least, nicer than I do.

As for Etsy, we'll give it a little more time before we start trying to change anything...
0 Responses