Guess What...!

It has been a frantic week, my friends. My tired feet are wearing tired shoes, if you know what I'm saying...

I should be getting into the bed that is calling my name (if you listen closely, you can hear its lilting siren song) but I have to put down in text the internal monologue that is swirling around in the somewhat askew pathways of my mind (using the term loosely, of course):

I sold a flashlight, I sold a flashlight!

And to that wonderful initial patron of my humble shop, I send a very warm and heartfelt "Thanks!". I hope the recycled tin lamp is to your liking. I will be mailing it out on Tuesday, post my Rev. King Day celebration.

On a side, I found a new podcast that has really tweaked my interest. Blast the Right is a very thought provoking commentary. As with anything I listen to in this vein, I cannot align myself universally, but I really appreciate the world-view challenging stances that push me to think out of my own box. The Matthew 25 argument piece may be presented as ammunition, but the overarching idea holds huge merit away from the idea that is just a way to win an argument. More info on his web site.

...what's that...excuse me a moment...

I can't continue tonight. Unlike my childhood friend Odysseus, I've no beeswax to block out the compelling strains, and besides, five am comes very quickly.

I am content in my first sale. Time for bed.
2 Responses
  1. jenny Says:

    congratulations!!!!! who was the buyer? friend or stranger? (or strange friend?) I'm very excited for you!


  2. fishfade Says:

    Stranger. But a friendly one...

    Now I've got to get crackin' making some more lights!