Getting Started

So...

I've started the whole Etsy thing. Why? Well, it goes a little something like this:

While listening to one of my favorite podcasts from the How Stuff Works website, Stuff You Should Know, Josh and Charles did a bit about Tinnovators. As an avid Altoid consumer, and a gadget freak, I was immediately drawn in. There are so many cool things that people have made using candy tins, from clocks to flashlights, ipod cases to photo albums, even electric guitars and dart guns. I had to get in on the fun. And I have. My first two offerings are a flashlight (the second iteration, as the first was a soldering fiasco) and a mini barbecue grill (thanks to my bro-in-law and his oxy/acetylene welding set-up with jeweler tip). I've got a couple of more flashlights to build, and then I intend to move on to more involved projects!

By the bye, for those of you who haven't checked out the Stuff You Should Know podcast, or any of their ever-appearing sister podcasts, they are a must. Even if the hosts, Josh and Charles, were not exceedingly entertaining (which they are) the subject matter is so interesting it is nearly sinful. Subscribe at once.

Beyond this, the website is a datafreak's dream. I get lost in it for way too much of my free time. Yes, my name is Jeff and I am a HowStuffWorksAholic. Join me, won't you?


But back to me...

So I've put up a couple of items on Etsy. I've no idea if they are priced correctly, whether or not I've got the whole thing set up functionally, or what half the tabs on the side do, but I'm excited to learn.

Let me know what you think.

Good or bad, I'm having fun either way.
0 Responses